The Greatest American Patriot of the 20th and early 21st Century ~ Ted Kennedy


I'm going to take a little diversion for a few minutes here from my normal type of blog post and tell you that I was thinking about our country's leaders the other day. I thought about the ones that have made the greatest contributions to the ordinary hard-working Americans who are the backbone of our nation. And although, thankfully, there were still several that could come to mind, the name that popped up "so above all" to me ~ was Senator Ted Kennedy. I have never ceased to be amazed by this man's energy and commitment to all of us over the years that have spanned decades. In so many directions and on so many levels, the kindness, compassion and wisdom of Ted Kennedy has at one time or another touched the lives of every one of us...and THAT'S A Lot of People!

So, I'd like to send this "out there" and see what happens:

I propose that the Honorable Senator Ted Kennedy, as of this 26th day of September 2005, be recognized as: "The Greatest American Patriot of the 20th and early 21st Century".

Bless You, Ted Kennedy. And, Thank You for all the good work you continue to do everyday for the ordinary American and our country.

Sincerely,

Patty Ann Smith