Chicks are "Moms", too!


chicks Posted by Picasa


Here are just a few of the lyrics I love from 2 of the 12 great songs on the Dixie Chicks new CD "TAKING THE LONG WAY ( http://www.dixiechicks.com ):

"Sunday morning, I heard the preacher say
Thou shall not kill
I don't wanna hear nothing else about killing
And that it's God's will

'Cause our children are watching us
They put their trust in us
They're gonna be like us
So let's learn from our history
And do it differently

I hope, for more love, more joy and laughter
I hope, you'll have more than you'll ever need
I hope, you'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly
And, we can lose all the pain and misery
I hope, I hope" (from the song "I Hope")

and these words from a mother to her child in the song "Lullaby":

"I slip in bed when you're asleep
To hold you close and feel your breath on me
Tomorrow there'll be so much to do
So tonight I'll drift in a dream with you

How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough, is forever enough
How long do you want to be loved
Is forever enough
Cause I'm never, never giving you up"